The smell of fresh olive oil, spices, lemon juice and avocados makes me hungry. Have you ever wanted to make a delicious recipe that takes little to no time to prepare? Several months ago I attended a party and tasted the most delicious gourmet guacamole. It has become one of my favorite secret recipes. Continue reading “Greek Guacamole” »
Archives for January 2011
LATINA Style, the premier magazine addressing the needs of professional Latinas in the United States, will host the 13th Annual LATINA Style 50 Awards & Diversity Leaders Conference on Thursday, February 3, 2011 from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center located at 775 12th Street NW, Washington, DC 20005.
In its eighth year, the conference will present powerful workshops discussing issues relating to Latinas in corporate America, and feature prominent diversity leaders from the companies selected to the 2010 LATINA Style 50 Report (LS50). This year LATINA Style will feature three exciting panels “LATINA Executives of the Year: Nurturing, Developing and Leading,” “Empowering the Employee Resource / Business Resource Groups,” and “DIVERSITY Roundtable: Diversity as a Business Imperative.”
To secure your admission please RSVP by registering online by January 31st,
2011 at www.latina50.latinastyle.com. Attendance is limited. Registration
Fee: $ 100 corporate – $ 50 government & non-profit org. – $ 25 student with
Happy Martin Luther King day! Today we celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr day with personal & professional life leadership lessons from children. Continue reading “Leadership Lessons from Children” »
Oprah Winfrey Network will be premiering, “Your OWN Show: Oprah’s Search for the Next TV Star‘” on January 7, 2010. Your OWN Show is a reality show challenge that allows 10 contestants to compete for a chance at a talk show of their very own on OWN. The OWN show is co-hosted by Nancy O’Dell and Carson Kressley. We received an exclusive preview of Your OWN Show on the new Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
Here are the Top 5 reasons you should watch this show:
1. Dynamic & Diverse contestants: More than 15,000 people auditioned to complete for the opportunity to have their own show on OWN. 10 finalists were selected to participate for the opportunity of a lifetime. There is a comedian, news reporter, financial planner, a minister, a cook, mom and more. Each contestant has an amazing personality and a story of triumph on the sequence of events that led them to become a finalist on the show.
2. A-List Mentors: The contestants were separated into two groups and are given an intense challenge to complete. Each week the contestants are mentored and judged by Thought Leaders in Television, Entertainment, Media and Fashion industries such as Dr. Phil, Suze Orman, Gayle King, Vera Wang and more.
3. Behind the scenes privileges: Ever wonder what it would be like to work behind the scenes of a major television program? There is a lot more involved to producing a show then a person sitting in front of the camera and speaking. Nancy O’Dell and Carson Kressley guide the contestants through several challenges each week. Follow the OWN show behind the scenes view of all the brainstorming, effort and challenges involved to prepare and produce a show.
4. It’s a Reality show: We love reality shows! You will laugh, cry and even find yourself rooting for the contestants.
5. Education: Follow along each week and educate yourself on the planning, research, expertise and experience required to a host a successful talk show. DREAM big with the contestants and celebrate with the winner. You may also find yourself taking notes as you consider preparing to pitch your own show.
Disclosure: We were given a sneak preview from SheSpeaks & Klout because we are a Klout influencer. We’re under no obligation to receive the sample or talk about this company. We get no additional benefits for talking about the product or company.
- Oprah’s List: The Finalists for ‘Your OWN Show’ (artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Oprah’s network announces 10 show host contestants (ctv.ca)
- Oprah comes into her OWN as TV network executive (canada.com)