Delicious Milk Recipes | Sweet Potato Ramekins
My favorite holiday recipes are created with the delicious flavor of milk. Milk is such an important part of our diet because it has a lot of health benefits. A glass of milk will help you sleep well. It will also gives you a really pretty smile. Drinking milk will also give you healthy nails, hair and make your skin as silky smooth.
I’ve been able to find many creative recipes to incorporate milk into my families diet. Our family enjoys it in Arroz Con Leche and Chocolate Abuelita. I also enjoy modifying traditional recipes to make them more healthy by substituting ingredients or cooking methods. Ramekins are small dishes perfect for making portion sized milk recipes. Some of my favorite milk recipes to make in ramekins are Quiche, pumpkin treats, flan, creme brulee & Panna cotta.
My favorite ramekin milk dish is made with sweet potato. Whenever I make a Sweet Potato ramekin I feel happy because I know it’s going to be tasty and a healthy dessert for my family. It’s the perfect portion to make me feel the warm feeling of the holiday’s all year-long.
Sweet Potato Ramekin
- 1 (1 pound) sweet potato
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup marshmallows
- Boil sweet potato whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin.
- Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Stir in sugar, milk, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix until contents are well blended. Pour sweet potatoe mixture in ramekins. Add marshmallows to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes.
Makes 6. Serve with Love.
Disclosure: This is part of a sponsored campaign with the California Milk Processor’s Board and Latina Mom Bloggers. All opinions are my own.
Let’s Talk About it! What is your ramekins recipe? What are some of the creative ways you incorporate milk?