Being a good mom means protecting my children by feeding them healthy, chemical-free foods, providing toxic-free shelter for them, and protecting them from harm. Whether our children are infants or adults, fighting to protect their children is the number one role of moms worldwide.
Watch this video to hear author and mom, Ayelet Waldman’s story about why she joined Moms Clean Air Force. Her child was almost permanently brain damaged from exposure to mercury in tuna.
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXcctqk-V_w]Join the Force at www.momscleanairforce.org/joinThe American Lung Association; the American Medical Association; the American Heart Association; the American Academy of Pediatricians; the American Nurses Association are determined to strengthen clean air regulations.
Moms Clean Air Force is a powerful organization of thousands of moms who are helping to support the right to clean air. They are a non profit organization that brings awareness to The Clean Air Act, Environmental Protection Agency, and the lobbyists and politicians in Congress who are fighting to pass laws to allow toxins to be dumped into our atmosphere.
As moms we do everything we can to keep our children safe and sound. We look for the healthiest foods we can afford; we avoid toxic chemicals in our products & shelters. But there are some things we simply can’t buy. Clean air is one of those things.
Here are some important facts:
I joined Moms Clean Air Force because I believe it is important to join forces with other women to fight for the rights of our children. Our children have a right to clean air and to be protected from toxins in the air.
1. Mercury is a potent neurotoxin. The developing brains of fetuses and young children are especially vulnerable to mercury poisoning. Almost ¾ of mercury air emissions come from coal-fired power plants; over 400,000 newborns are exposed to elevated mercury levels, in their mothers’ blood, every year.
2. American coal plants produce 386,000 tons of hazardous air pollutants every year. These poisons affect every part of the human body, leading to disease, birth defects, brain damage, premature death and cancers.
3. Among other toxins in air pollution: arsenic, chromium and nickel cause cancer; lead damages the nervous system; acid gases irritate the nose and throat; dioxins affect the reproductive endocrine and immune systems; volatile organic compounds weaken lungs and eyes.
Let’s make a difference by uniting with thousands of other women and JOIN Moms Clean Air Force to support the new EPA Mercury and Air Toxicity Standards for clean air, scheduled to be released on December 15 and also ask President Obama to SUPPORT these strong new Mercury standards.
Our children and their children have the right to quality air.
Our children’s futures depends on it.
Disclosure: This is part of a sponsored campaign with Moms Clean AirForce and BlogHer. All opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Eva Smith (see all)
- 7 Martin Luther King Quotes to Live By in 2017 - January 16, 2017
- Martin Luther King | 2017 Dallas Winning Speech 25th Annual Gardere MLK Jr. Oratory Competition – Sierra Jones - January 16, 2017
- Taco Trucks On Every Corner - September 2, 2016