#NicheMommy12 Collective Bias Workshop #2 – Food Photography For Bloggers
What does it Take to create Good Photography?
Photography can be very intimidating, sepecially among peers or other photography hobbyist.
- Anyone can learn to create beutiful images!
- Desire to learn and a willingness to invest in your time
- Working with a goal in mind
Overview Video shared:
- Keep food focused
- Sunlight: Direct sunlight – missing something vs Overcast – Shadows on overcast non-exiting
- Photography tip: Outdoors taking pictures of your children/family/object keep everyone out of direct sunlight.
- Window Lighting: Window shadow – Put plate by the window. You’ll see better results by taking advantage of natural light that comes from the window.
- Golden hours 5-7pm — Sexy lighting.
- Bounce vs No Bounce: Best light is natural light. Not direct light. Great example of site is Vegan Yum Yum http://veganyumyum.com/
- Avoid on-camera light.
Styling & Composition
Try to be as consistent as possible using natural window light to have seemless set of images. Feel free to look for inspiration in lighting. Look at what professionals are doing for inspiration. A lot of times — less is more. Try to show the beauty of the food. If the viewer isn’t enticed by the food you need to do something else.
- Less is More
- Empahasize beauty of food.
- Shoot, Shoot, Shoot
- Style, Style, Style
- Focal Length
- On Camera Flash
- Shutter Priority
- Aperature Priority
www.pixir.com/editor <– Free Web Based software
- Level Adjustment