Pinterest announced some recent enhancements on Friday night! You can now create up to 3 SECRET boards that only you and people you invite can see.
According to Pinterest, “Secret boards give you a place for things you’re not quite ready to share yet, like a surprise party, special gift ideas, or even planning for a new baby. We’re testing out the feature by giving everyone 3 secret boards. You’ll find them at the bottom of your profile. We can’t wait to hear what you think!”
Here’s how secret boards work on Pinterest:
- You can create up to 3 secret boards. If you already have 3 secret boards but want to make a new one, you’ll need to delete one or make one of your current secret boards visible to everyone. If you’re invited to contribute to someone else’s secret board, it won’t count against your 3-board limit.
- When you add a pin to a secret board, it won’t show up anywhere else on Pinterest—not in the category sections, Popular, Everything, anyone’s search results, your followers’ home feed, your own home feed, or even pins or activity pages on your profile.
- Your secret boards and pins are at the bottom of your profile. Just scroll down to see them.
With the Social Media world becoming more public I may just use one of my secret boards for my families Christmas list or to collaborate with fellow bloggers online!
Read the details on Pinterest.
Question: What will you do with your secret board?
She is an Engineer, Digital Entrepreneur andNonprofit Advocate with over 20 years experience in IT. She is a tech expert, content developer, consultant & speaker.
Latest posts by Eva Smith (see all)
- #CyberMonday Deals by Women Owned Small Businesses - December 1, 2014
- Nescafé With Coffee-mate 2-in-1 Together Is Better #NescaféCoffeemate #Giveaway - October 28, 2014
- Tech Accessories For Women | Top 5 iPhone 6 Accessories - October 1, 2014