My husband often talks about his favorite childhood recipes. One of the favorite stories he shares is a recipe about his moms fried chicken and how his mom would make chicken for his siblings every Friday. His face brightens everytime he shares it.
One day I surprised him with a Fried Chicken dinner and its been one of our favorite family recipes. Over the years I have modified the recipe as well similar to my Spicy Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings. This recipe is gauranteed to keep a smile on your families face.
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon milk
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings
- In one medium bowl, mix together 3 cups of flour, garlic salt, black pepper and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together egg yolks and milk.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Moisten each piece of chicken with a little water, then dip in the egg mix. Dip in the flour mix.
- Carefully place the chicken pieces in the hot oil. Fry for 15 to 18 minutes, or until well browned. Smaller pieces will not take as long. Large pieces may take longer. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Place chicken wings on serving bowl and add green onions, crushed pepper and dash of ground pepper before serving.
Latest posts by Eva Smith (see all)
- 7 Martin Luther King Quotes to Live By in 2017 - January 16, 2017
- Martin Luther King | 2017 Dallas Winning Speech 25th Annual Gardere MLK Jr. Oratory Competition – Sierra Jones - January 16, 2017
- Taco Trucks On Every Corner - September 2, 2016