Did you know that the first 5 years of your child’s life may determine the level of success they will reach as adults? To help parents who need to find someone to watch after their child during these early development years, First 5 LA has launched a website for parents, www.ReadySetGrowLA.org. The website informs parents about the life-long benefits of quality early care, provides educational resources and shares tips to help them make informed decisions.
Finding quality daycare is one of the toughest decisions we will need to make as a parent. When my child was an infant I needed resources to guide me in finding a caregiver and determining whether day care, home care or care from a family member was in the best interest of my child. I also needed resources to make informed decisions about selecting a childcare provider. I’m so glad that a resource like Ready. Set. Grow! exists today because I know that parents will have a trusted place to go when making decisions about their child’s first five years.
My favorite Ready Set Grow LA resource is the 5 Steps Of Choosing Quality Day Care which provides the five key steps to making a decision on day care:
- Ready. Set. Grow! LA provides a resources to help you asses your needs, child care options. The site also includes resources Child Care Referral.
- Ready. Set. Grow! LA provides tips to check credentials and references for caregivers.
- Ready. Set. Grow! LA recommends you get to know the child care provider and schedule a site visit. Also provides detailed tips on what to look for.
- Ready. Set. Grow! LA suggests you make a commitment by selecting the best option for your child and family.
- Ready. Set. Grow! LA also provides additional parental resources and games/activities to continue the learning process.
Latest posts by Eva Smith (see all)
- 7 Martin Luther King Quotes to Live By in 2017 - January 16, 2017
- Martin Luther King | 2017 Dallas Winning Speech 25th Annual Gardere MLK Jr. Oratory Competition – Sierra Jones - January 16, 2017
- Taco Trucks On Every Corner - September 2, 2016