Are you planning on attending the Rose Parade? We had the opportunity to visit the float behind the scenes and created some of the palm tree leaves for the float! A three time Sweepstakes trophy winner, DOLE is the only float to win the Sweepstakes award every year they have entered thus far. You don’t want to miss the DOLE Rose Parade tropical float, “Sunrise on the Oasis”.
The DOLE Rose Parade Float, “Sunrise at the Oasis,” brings together a dazzling floral display of live and animated entertainment as three waterfalls cascade into an abundant oasis filled with palm trees, tropical flowers and animals that command attention, such as the white peacocks and camels adorned with elaborate tapestries and jewels. As the sun rises, the whimsical oasis awakens from its majestic dreams, bidding its traveler adieu.
Here are additional FUN Facts about the DOLE Rose Parade float to share with your family when you watch the Rose Parade:
- The float weighs more than 22 tons and is 55 feet long, 18 feet wide and stands over 26 feet tall.
- The camels are made of sun-bleached sheet moss then shaded with cinnamon spice.
- The elephants have hides of finely chopped Ming moss with accents of Sphagnum moss.
- The playful monkeys have fur fashioned in dried cranberry foliage with highlights of pampas and pharmitas grass.
- Shades of bronze and cream strawflower petals with black chive seed create the fur on the mother and baby tigers.
- The white peacocks are fashioned in coconut chips with tail accents of purple dendrobium florets.
- Over 40,000 hot pink Princess roses will be used to decorate the float. The float will also feature healthy fruits, including bananas, pineapples, strawberries, mangoes & papayas.
- The animals will come to life via a sophisticated hydraulic system used to lower
For additional information, please visit www.tournamentofroses.com.