After Cyber Monday comes Giving Tuesday. Giving Tuesday is a great way to support local & national nonprofits during the Christmas Holidays by giving back to nonprofits that are making a difference to our local and global communities. The nationwide philanthropic event will be as huge of a success for nonprofits as Cyber Monday and brings together families, communities and nonprofits.
My family celebrates giving everyday by giving back to local charities and making contributions to multiple nonprofits. It has been a way of life for us since childhood. Giving Tuesday is driven through social media and is a global effort to highlight the importance of giving. Last year the initiative raised over 10 million dollars for charity.
If you are a parent, this is also a great way to share the gift of giving globally with your children.
Guide To Celebrate and Participate in #GivingTuesday
- #GivingTuesday Google+ Hangout-a-thon – Google is hosting an all-day Google hangout-a-thon with Mashable and 24 charities and brands. The event is occurring all day and will feature several nonprofits and provide viewers with the opportunity to donate or purchase goods for good.
- Give Gifts that Give Back: www.givingtuesday.org also provides resources for partners and 501c nonprofits that are participating. Recommend you also visit the Giving Tuesday Facebook page for highlights and ways you can help nonprofits get funding by participating in initiatives, such as following hubspot on Google+ to donate 50 cents to charity water.
- Spread the Word: If you are a nonprofit with a qualified 501c make sure to use the #GivingTuesday hashtag to encourage others to give to your charity. It’s never too late to spread the word.
- Support Charities: If you are a nonprofit advocate, share a list of qualified 501c nonprofits with others and use the hashtag #GivingTuesday to encourage others to give.
- Volunteer: There are many nonprofits that could use volunteers to grow their nonprofit. Visit your local community center for resources or www.volunteermatch.org to find a match.
Recommended Nonprofits To Support On Giving Tuesday
- The Orphaned Earring – Buy bracelets or donate your orphaned earrings & jewelry. The funds go towards arts and crafts programs for four orphanages in Latin America. (Los Angeles, CA)
- The Sheepfold – Your donations provides abused or homeless mothers with children shelter, refuge and hope. (Orange County, CA)
- Help A Mother Out – Your donations provide diapers to children in need (Silicon Valley, CA)
- International Sanctuary – Purchase with Purpose and support victims of human trafficking. The jewelry is handmade by survivors of human trafficking. Visit their showroom M-F from 8am-4pm daily or attend the 2nd Annual Holiday party on December 12th for additional shopping. (Orange County, CA)
- Jacob’s House – Addresses the financial, spiritual, geographical, and time-sensitive needs that people in crisis require when their loved one is in the hospital. (Riverside County, CA)
- March for Babies – Provide resources and education to help premature babies start a healthy and strong life. (California)
- Mujeres para Mujeres – Masectomy bras are needed for breast cancer patients. (San Diego, CA)
Question: How will you be participating in Giving Tuesday? What nonprofits will you be supporting on Giving Tuesday?