We attended the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) trade show in Anaheim, CA. There were 1,533 exhibits representing over 5,000 Brands and over 96,000 members in attendance. We were very fortunate to connect with several industry professionals such as Music artist Tori Kelly, Guitarist & Composer Alex Hutchings playing on Laney Amplifiers and the “Forbes Best Producer ever” Terry Lewis .
We also attended the NAMM’s “Music for Life” award ceremony which recognizes individuals and organizations that demonstrate support for and exemplify NAMM’s vision that the joy of making music is a precious element of daily living for everyone. This Year’s award winner is Smokey Robinson. Past recipients have included Stevie Wonder, Yoko Ono, Quincy Jones, as well as members of Congress, governors, business leaders, the Smithsonian, and Sesame Workshop.
The tech products were also very impressive. Musician Tech Gadgets are getting smaller, going wireless and are easier for non technical musicians to use. However, there were a couple of gadgets that require extensive training & practuce to use, We felt like we were at CES for Musicians during our tour and had a wonderful experience.
Our Favorite Gadgets
- Alto Professional Wireless speakers: Built in Bluetooth Technology. Sound quality is amazing! Streams audio from iPhone, iPad, iPod or laptop without any cables. You can also use it as a traditional PA speaker.
- Korg USA Inc. Gadget a synthesizer studio for iPad that has over 15 virtual synths that cover every electronic sound. We especially love the drum sounds!
- Numark iDJ Pro professional DJ controller that can be integrated with an iPad. Pure awesome!
- Jammit a music app tutor for the iPad that allows Musicians to isolate voice, instruments and music tracks on original songs.
- GoPro debuted the HERO3+ Black Edition bundle with mounts for music to help musicians capture and share epic moments.
Our NAMM 2014 Favorite Moments